or ocular plastic surgery
deals with all the alterations that can appear around the eyes, in eyelids, eyebrows, etc., both of functional type (pathologies of the eyelids), and esthetic.
- Blepharoplasty or plastic surgery of the eyelid removes skin and fat excess from the upper and lower eyelids, rejuvenating the face and eliminating unsightly bags and dark circles. Sometimes, it also acts by raising the eyebrows when they fall on the eyelid. This is a simple intervention, which allows to sleep at home and a normal daily activity the same day.
- Entropion. Entropy is the interference of the lower eyelid with the eyelashes, causing eyeball irritation, excessive tear production and loss of vision. The operation is performed with local anesthesia.
- Ectropion. Consequences: continuous tearing, irritation, ect. There is a drug treatment, but the definitive correction is surgical. In the same way as the entropion, local anesthesia is applied and the eyelid is tightened for correction.
- Ptosis surgery. It is performed to reinforce and lift the eyelids when they are down.
- Pterygium. This surgery is applied for the prevention and control of triangular tissue growth. It avoids the sensation of foreign body and the obstruction in the vision.
- Xanthelasms. Xanthelasms appears as benign tumors around the eyelid. This disease appears in adults with diabetes, biliary cirrhosis or hypercholesterolemia.
In Oftálica we are specialists in ocular plastic surgery in Alicante
The benefits are solving pathological problems and at the same time covering aesthetic issues such as facial rejuvenation or modification of the appearance of the eyes.
If you need more information about this or other ophthalmology services, please contact our specialist team.