Dr. José I. Belda
Dr. José I. Belda
With a degree in Medicine from the University of Alicante in 1992, Dr. José I. Belda has more than 30 years of professional experience and has achieved extensive experience in the field. training in centers of international prestige such as the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami or the Moorfield Eye Hospital in London, among others.
His vocation for his profession has led him to participate in several clinical trials and to collaborate in the development of new techniques and implants for the surgical treatment of glaucoma. He is the author and co-author of more than 50 scientific publications. He also collaborated with Doctors of the World in surgical campaigns in the Sahara refugee camps.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Alicante (1986 – 1992).
- Specialist via MIR in Ophthalmology at the Hospital Universitario La Fe de Valencia (1993 – 1996).
- Best In Class Award for the Best Ophthalmology Service granted by the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos and Gaceta Médica (2011).
- Member of the Spanish Glaucoma Society.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Ophthalmology.
- Miembro de la Sociedad Oftalmológica de la Comunidad Valenciana.
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- García-García MÁ, Belda JI, Schargel K, Santos MJ, Ruiz-Colecha J, Rey C, García-García P, Mompean B. Optical Coherence Tomography in Children With Microtropia. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2018 May 1;55(3):171-177. doi: 10.3928/01913913-20171026-01. Epub 2018 Jan 31. PMID: 29384563.
- Voskanyan L, García-Feijoó J, Belda JI, Fea A, Jünemann A, Baudouin C; Synergy Study Group. Prospective, unmasked evaluation of the iStent® inject system for open-angle glaucoma: synergy trial. Adv Ther. 2014 Feb;31(2):189-201. doi: 10.1007/s12325-014-0095-y. Epub 2014 Jan 23. PMID: 24452726; PMCID: PMC3930835.
- Myers JS, Masood I, Hornbeak DM, Belda JI, Auffarth G, Jünemann A, Giamporcaro JE, Martinez-de-la-Casa JM, Ahmed IIK, Voskanyan L, Katz LJ. Prospective Evaluation of Two iStent® Trabecular Stents, One iStent Supra® Suprachoroidal Stent, and Postoperative Prostaglandin in Refractory Glaucoma: 4-year Outcomes. Adv Ther. 2018 Mar;35(3):395-407. doi: 10.1007/s12325-018-0666-4. Epub 2018 Feb 23. PMID: 29476443; PMCID: PMC5859115.