Dr. Enrique Chipont
Dr. Enrique Chipont
Dr. Chipont Benabentes is a prestigious specialist in Ophthalmology. Graduated in Medicine from the University of Alicante with distinction, he has become one of the most important specialists in childhood ophthalmology and strabismus in Alicante.
Throughout his career, his vocation for health care has been combined with teaching, being a collaborating professor at the University of Alicante and director of annual ophthalmology refresher courses for pediatricians and optometrists.
Doctor Cum Laude in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia, he is the author of numerous scientific articles and has been a speaker at international level. In 2005 he founded Oftálica.
- 29 publications in international journals and 48 in national journals, contributor to national and international books.
- Speaker at numerous national and international conferences.
- Author of several books. Among them, “Ophthalmological Handbook for Parents and Educators”.
- Director of annual ophthalmology refresher courses for pediatricians.
- Director of annual refresher courses for optometrists in collaboration with the University of Alicante.
- Treasurer of the Spanish Society of Strabology.
- Member of the American Society of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
- Member of the European Society of Strabology.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Ophthalmology.
- First member of the Board of Directors of the Ophthalmological Society of the Valencian Community.
- 2nd National Prize “Chibret” for Doctoral Thesis (1992)
- Alió JL, Chipont E, BenEzra D, Fakhry MA; International Ocular Inflammation Society, Study Group of Uveitic Cataract Surgery. Comparative performance of intraocular lenses in eyes with cataract and uveitis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002 Dec;28(12):2096-108. doi: 10.1016/s0886-3350(02)01452-9. PMID: 12498843.
- Pérez-Santonja JJ, Sakla HF, Cardona C, Chipont E, Alió JL. Corneal sensitivity after photorefractive keratectomy and laser in situ keratomileusis for low myopia. Am J Ophthalmol. 1999 May;127(5):497-504. doi: 10.1016/s0002-9394(98)00444-9. PMID: 10334340.
- Alió JL, Chipont E, Mulet E, De La Hoz F. Visual performance after congenital nystagmus surgery using extended hang back recession of the four horizontal rectus muscles. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003 Jun;13(5):415-23. doi: 10.1177/112067210301300501. PMID: 12841563.